Wednesday, October 27, 2010

52 Project - Week eleven - Signs

So I'll admit my husband and I are design junkies, well more accurately HE is and I have been with him for 17 years and have by default become one myself.  

We as humans are constantly surrounded by design. From a manhole cover (which I am fascinated by) to the poorly designed political signage littering the roadsides. Whether you have noticed or not signs have changed drastically over time and for the WORST I might add. There used to be pride taken in displaying a sign. It was handcrafted, painted or hammer by an artisan. Now its printed on a desk top printer, and slid into a plexi glass frame.  In an effort to never lose sight of these icons of beauty Kip and I have made it our personal goal and hobby to "shoot" signs and make a collection of images of these beautiful and rare pieces of art. I hope you enjoy this tiny sampling of some of our collection.

Do you have a favorite sign? Where is it? How was it made? I'd love to hear about it. Leave me a comment. Maybe I could find it and take an image for our collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment